- The system provides real-time weather information and forecasts
- Boasts predictive maintenance, inventory management, and geolocation features
We were tasked with the challenge of establishing a practical design, that included both front-end development, and functionality that would meet the businesses objectives, i.e seamless information browsing, and analysis.
Some of the main priorities were:
- Integration with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Improving the speed at which the site loaded, by using automatic creation of CSS sprites using Sass and dynamic stylesheet language LESS
Our front-end development mostly covered:
- Performance optimisation using YSlow and PageSpeed
- Revision of designs to improve site user-friendliness
- Development of cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions.
- Testing and debugging
- Adherence to SEO best practices (title, description, keywords, etc)
- W3C code validation
The portal that our team at HQSoftware created is now a global IT solution that improves business efficiency and safety, allowing those interested in meteo data to make better decisions.
How the System Works
In order to forecast and display real-time meteorological data, Synop installed an array of sensors on powerlines. They gather and analyse the collected data and present it in a clear and accessible manner. But Synop does not just predict the weather.
Using the weather data, Synop can anticipate potential problems on power infrastructure. An example would be powerlines being downed due to the weight of snowfall over several weeks. The system analyses past and future weather conditions and draws the conclusion that if it continues to snow with the forecast intensity, there will be a failure on the line.
This enables a notification to be issued to the maintenance team, which tells them what needs to be done and where, in order to prevent any failures.
In parallel to this, the inventory management system tells the team which items of equipment are needed to troubleshoot the problem. It also shows the fastest and shortest way to the location. With weather data, the system determines whether there is ice on the road and analyses local traffic information (taken from Yandex maps). It collates this together to provide a total awareness picture for the repair team.
Thus, Synop benefits from predictive maintenance, inventory management, and geolocation features while providing real-time weather information and forecasts. Further, businesses are able to make data-driven decisions based on collected, verifiable evidence.
We are open to seeing your business needs and determining the best solution. Complete this form, and receive a free personalized proposal from your dedicated manager.