Synop is a new generation weather information system which forecasts and displays real-time meteo data for professional customers in Russia. It uses modern weather forecasting technologies to provide first-hand real-time weather information.
- Industry:weather forecast
- Timeframe:5 months
We were tasked with the challenge of establishing a practical design, that included both front-end development, and functionality that would meet the businesses objectives, i.e seamless information browsing, and analysis.
Some of the main priorities were:
- Integration with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Improving the speed at which the site loaded, by using automatic creation of CSS sprites using Sass and dynamic stylesheet language LESS
Our front-end development mostly covered:
- Performance optimisation using YSlow and PageSpeed
- Revision of designs to improve site user-friendliness
- Development of cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions.
- Testing and debugging
- Adherence to SEO best practices (title, description, keywords, etc)
- W3C code validation
The portal that our team at HQSoftware created is now a global IT solution that improves business efficiency and safety, allowing those interested in meteo data to make better decisions.